Macrame Baby Swing – Natural
How gorgeous is the macrame baby swing? This beautifully hand made baby swing is the perfect gift for any new baby or toddler. It’s the ultimate in bohemian baby styling, your little gypsy will love for years. It’s been designed for safety, durability and of course beauty!
Made from 100% cotton using the macrame and crochet technique by fair trade artisans in Nicaragua. It’s strong enough to hold your child up to the age of four years (30kgs max). Hang it on the back deck so and your baby can swing and happily watch you in the garden, or hang it in the nursery or play room. Do you have a nice big old tree in the yard, it’s perfect for hanging there as well. Depending on how you hang your swing it can even be moved from one spot to another.
The baby swing measures approximately 210 x 205cm
How to Hang your Macrame Baby Swing
- The swing requires one fixing point. It can be hung from a tree, exposed beam, verandah or swing stand. Ensure to check the strength and durability of the structure you choose to hang your wing from.
- Before installing please ensure that it cannot swing within 500mm of another object, front to back and side to side.
- Use rope that is at least 10mm thick. If using a dynabolt it’s recommended that you use 10mm thickness and 90mm length. Also you should go horizontally into the supporting structure, not vertically upwards. If in doubt consult a professional.
Safety Tips and Recommendations
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES – never leave a child unattended
- Check the swing regularly for signs of fraying or wearing out, especially if hung outdoors in the sun and rain
- Children from 4 months (when able to sit) to 4 years (maximum weight 30kgs)
- Make sure the swing is securely fastened and that the structure is strong enough to hold the weigh of the child and swing
- Position at least 500mm away from windows, doors, stoves, electrical appliances and curtains or blinds
- Place only one child at a time in the swing
- Never let the baby or child fall asleep in the swing
- Never let your baby stand or climb out of the swing
- Never add cushions or pillows to the swing.
WARNING: Falls onto hard surfaces could result in head or other injuries. never place the swing over concrete or other hard surfaces.
Shelter from the elements where possible. To clean spot wash with a sponge or cloth using mild detergent. Then rinse with clean water to remove any soap residue. Avoid the use of shoes, buttons, buckles or anything else that may catch the macrame. Before storing chair ensure it’s completely dry.
If you love this swing you will also love our little Frida Dresses for boho babes…
With proper care you will enjoy your macrame baby swing for many years, Love Edwina & the Bowerbirds xo